My Professional Background
Senior Network Engineer
Apr 2018 - Present 3 Year(s) and 5 Month(s)
• Lead member of a global enterprise engineering team responsible for design, project implementation, engineering, high level administration, support of a 24/7 mission critical, high impact technologies.
• Technical lead responsibilities including being a lead to a team of professionals for handling any major change requests from scheduling/preparing, implementation and validation/documentation, Tier 2/3 escalation tickets for any/all issues from corporate, data center and branch locations with focus on root cause resolutions.
• Design/project management activities including developing technical solutions based on business/compliance requirements and project managing the implementation of these projects including working with key stakeholders, third party vendors to ensure timely completion while meeting mandated goals and within budget.
• Engineering activities includes designing configuration, customizing associated logical physical diagrams, leading the go live deployments along with testing and validating the implementations and creating necessary post implementation documentations for administration and reports for key stakeholders.
• Proactive monitoring and analysis activities handled including deploying and managing various monitoring/management tools to monitor/manage devices on the network, determine, monitor and track performance baselines to proactively resolve potential issues and track/analyze historical patterns/trends to determine future changes/improvements to meet the operational needs of a growing/changing company.
• Senior administration responsibilities including managing network documents, policies and procedures and being aware of and ensuring and all compliances and internal SLAs are being met including participating in schedule audits and creating qualitative reports for key stakeholders throughout the company.
• Major projects handled includes implementing a companywide SDWAN solution to manage edge devices at all branch locations and reengineering of the ACI core architecture for better redundancy and performance. The Cisco Unified Communications allows Vitalant to unify multiple communication channels such as call center technology, phone and video conference calling and web collaboration tools that will allow the company to operate more effectively remotely. Using SIP trunks and gateways, depending on the site, to operate more efficiently with minimum downtime with the deployment along with adding WebEx and deploying 3500 phone devices at 160 sites which has gone for a 6-month period. Converting from Microsoft Server 2008 to InfoBlox for DNS and DHCP reservations have been effective for the company for migrations and new deployments for each site. It has been resourceful to use DNS settings and reverse DNS lookups for any lingering devices in the system that may or may not be in use.