FOUNDATION is a 32-bit Windows® program that was created from the ground up using Microsoft SQL Server. SQL Server is a sophisticated relational database designed to give you maximum data management, security and reporting power.
This is an Agreement ("Agreement") between QuickStart Technologies, Inc. ("QuickStart") and the individual who is viewing this online agreement ("End User", "you", or "your"). Before accessing the QuickStart computer software, which contains QuickStart content and content supplied to QuickStart by third parties, along with associated documentation, media, and "online" or electronic documentation, and other content and updates (the "QuickStart Products"),you must agree to the terms and conditions contained in this License Agreement. Upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions, which is implied by your continued use of the QuickStart Products, QuickStart grants you a license (the "License") to use and access the QuickStart Products based on the following terms and conditions:
BY ACCESSING THE QUICKSTART PRODUCTS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE TERMS YOU SHALL NOT ACCESS THE QUICKSTART PRODUCTS.
1. LICENSE. QuickStart grants you, subject to QuickStart's receipt of all appropriate license fees, a personal, restricted, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the QuickStart Products solely your personal purposes and solely from the QuickStart website. If the QuickStart Products are being licensed for hosting by you, you may use one copy of the Products only on a single computer and a single terminal, work station or other device for which the QuickStart Products were designed ("Computer") solely for development of Internet-based training applications relating to your or your employer's business and you may install and execute the QuickStart Products solely in Executable Code form (which means the fully compiled version of a software program that can be executed by a computer and used by you without further compilation) for your personal use at your or your employer's facilities as may be needed.
2. RESTRICTIONS. The License granted hereunder is personal to you. You may not transfer any of the rights granted to you under this Agreement, nor may you permit third parties, including but not limited to your subsidiaries and affiliates, to benefit from the use or functionality of the QuickStart Products. Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder is void. The QuickStart Products are licensed as a single product; they may not be shared or used concurrently on more than one Computer or by more than one user at a time, except as set forth in this paragraph. The QuickStart Product is "in use" on a Computer when it is loaded into the permanent memory (e.g., a hard disk or other storage device) or loaded into the temporary memory (e.g., RAM) of a Computer. You may not use, copy, print, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, market, deliver, rent, lease, sublicense, make, have made, assign, pledge, transfer, sell, offer to sell, import, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or otherwise grant rights to the QuickStart Products, or any copy thereof, in whole or in part, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. You may not reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate the QuickStart Products, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code, structural framework or the data records of the Products, or authorize any third party to do any of the foregoing. you may not loan, resell for profit, or distribute the QuickStart Products, or any part thereof in any way including, but not limited to, making the QuickStart Products available to any other
individual via shared access to a single computer, a computer network, or access information, which may include the log-in name and password or other authentication data for the QuickStart Products. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels from the QuickStart Products. You may not make copies of the QuickStart Products, copy the printed materials or documentation accompanying the QuickStart Products or give copies to another person, or duplicate the QuickStart Products by any other means, including electronic transmission, except as specifically set forth herein. If you are hosting the QuickStart Products, you may store or install a copy of the QuickStart Products on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to install or run the QuickStart Products on your other computers over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate Computer on or from which the QuickStart Product is installed, used, accessed, displayed or run. You may print one copy of an e-kit (student materials provided electronically) solely in accordance with the instructions provided to you regarding the specific e-kit transmitted to you.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE QUICKSTART PRODUCTS TO ANY SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
3. OWNERSHIP. The QuickStart Products (including but not limited to all copyrights, patents, patent applications, trade secret rights, trademarks, source code, text and any images, photographs, icons, graphics, animations, video, audio, music, and all other media incorporated into the QuickStart Products) are the property of QuickStart or its licensor(s) and supplier(s) and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. The QuickStart Products are licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this Agreement, and QuickStart reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. QuickStart and QuickStart Products referenced in the QuickStart Products are either trademarks or registered trademarks of QuickStart. Other product and company names mentioned in the QuickStart Products may be the trademarks of their respective owners. For clarification, you shall have no ownership or other right, title or interest in and to the QuickStart Products, including but not limited to all copyright, and trademark rights, except as provided herein, such rights have been expressly reserved by QuickStart. You also agree that you will be liable to QuickStart for any and all costs, expenses and damages incurred by QuickStart as a result of your infringement of QuickStart’s intellectual property rights in or to the QuickStart Products.
4. TERM. Your right to access the QuickStart Products pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement begin on the start date agreed between you and QuickStart when you order the QuickStart Products or on the date of shipment of the QuickStart Products on CD ROM or hard drive, if applicable, or as indicated in your contract with QuickStart. This Agreement is deemed accepted by you and commences upon your using the QuickStart Products. The License granted to you will terminate on the earlier of the end of the last day that you are granted access to the particular QuickStart Product that you licensed, or the term of the license set forth on the QuickStart Product label on the CD ROM or hard drive, or the term of the license set forth in your contract with QuickStart. You agree that sections 2 ("Restrictions"), 3 ("Ownership"), 7 ("Warranty; Disclaimer"), 8 ("Limitation of Liability"), 11 ("Export Law"), and 12 ("General") will survive termination of the License granted under this Agreement and expiration or termination of this Agreement.
5. TERMINATION. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice to you if you breach any term or condition of this Agreement. QuickStart reserve the right to modify or terminate this Agreement, or any of its services and/or product offerings at any time without notice to you. you may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying QuickStart in writing. Upon receipt of notice of termination, the license shall cease, and you shall promptly destroy, or return to QuickStart and QuickStart Products in your possession or control. Further, in the event of a termination or expiration of any agreement between QuickStart and a third-party supplier of content, your right to access and use such content shall expire.
6. THIRD-PARTY SOURCES. you acknowledge that the QuickStart Products may incorporate information that is proprietary to one or more third party (ies). Such third party(ies) and QuickStart suppliers are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement with the authority to enforce those portions of this Agreement that are relevant to the agreements they have with QuickStart directly against you.
7. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE. Certain items of software distributed with the QuickStart Products are subject to the Lesser GNU General Public License ("LGPL"), Apache Public License, Mozilla Public License ("MPL"), BSD Public License, Zope Public License ("ZPL") and MIT Public License or other "open source" or "free software" licenses ("Open Source Software"). Some of the Open Source Software is owned by third parties. The Open Source Software is not subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Instead, each item of Open Source Software is licensed under the terms of the end-user license that accompanies such Open Source Software, which can be found by clicking Here. you agree to comply with the terms of the applicable Open Source Software licenses. Nothing in this document limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, the terms and conditions of any applicable end user license for the Open Source Software. In particular, nothing in this document restricts your right to copy, modify, and distribute that Open Source Software subject to the terms of the Public Licenses listed above and contained in the link set forth above. As required by the terms of the Public Licenses, QuickStart makes the Open Source Software provided under the Public Licenses, and QuickStart?s modifications, if any, to that Open Source Software, available by written request to the following address and upon payment of the cost of distribution: QuickStart.com, Inc., 13801 N. Mo-Pac Suite 100, Austin Texas 78727.
8. CONTENT MAINTAINED BY QUICKSTART. you acknowledge and agree that: (a) QuickStart may, from time to time, elect to update the QuickStart Products, but QuickStart does not warrant or guarantee that any QuickStart Products will be updated, or that any updates will be made available to you, at any time during the term of this Agreement; (b) QuickStart does not assume, and expressly disclaims, any obligation to obtain and include any information in the QuickStart Products; (c) QuickStart is not advocating the use of any product described in the QuickStart Products (or elsewhere), nor is QuickStart responsible for misuse of a product due to typographical or other errors in the QuickStart Products, your negligence or otherwise; (d) you agree to seek additional information on any product from the manufacturer; and (e) you will use the content included in the QuickStart Products only as a reference aid, and that such content is not intended to be (nor should it be used as) a substitute for the exercise of professional judgment. In view of the possibility of human error or changes in
technology, you should confirm the content in the QuickStart Products through independent sources.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE QUICKSTART PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS." QUICKSTART AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS: (A) CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE QuickStart PRODUCTS PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE QuickStart PRODUCTS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM OTHER FAILURES OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR FUNCTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN EVERY COMBINATION OF HARDWARE PLATFORM, SOFTWARE ENVIRONMENT AND PRODUCT CONFIGURATION; AND (B) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY USE OF THE QuickStart PRODUCTS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, INCLUDING THE RISK FOR SELECTING THE QuickStart PRODUCTS TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE, AND FOR INSTALLATION AND USE OF THE QuickStart PRODUCTS.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT WHERE THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WOULD BE VOID OR INEFFECTIVE UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTE OR REGULATION, NEITHER QUICKSTART NOR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CLAIM, DEMAND OR ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE QuickStart PRODUCTS, NOR QuickStart''S PERFORMANCE OF (OR FAILURE TO PERFORM) ANY OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, NOR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION COSTS, DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR OTHER DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE INABILITY TO USE THE QuickStart PRODUCTS, EVEN IF QuickStart, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. QuickStart''S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ACTUAL DAMAGES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE QuickStart PRODUCTS. THIS LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH HEREIN CONSTITUTES A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN QuickStart AND YOU.
11. U. S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. If you are using or accessing the QuickStart Products and you are a government employee, then note that the QuickStart Products are a "commercial item" as that term is defined at FAR 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation" as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sep 1995) and is provided to the U.S. Government only as a commercial end item. Consistent with FAR. 12.212 and DFARS
227.7202 (Jun 1995), all U.S. Government end users acquire the QuickStart Products with only those rights set forth herein. Any use, modification, reproduction, release, performance, display, or disclosure of the QuickStart Products by the U.S. government shall be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and shall be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by the terms of this Agreement.
12. EXPORT LAW. The QuickStart Products and related technology are subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. Unless specifically authorized in writing by QuickStart prior to any access, you agree not to export the QuickStart Products including but not limited to re-exporting the QuickStart Products, or any part thereof, or any process that is the direct product of the QuickStart Products, to any country, person, or entity in violation of U.S. export restrictions. In any case, you will indemnify and hold QuickStart harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorney?s fees) arising from or relating to any breach by you of your obligations under this paragraph. your obligations under this paragraph will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
13.1 GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement shall for all purposes be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas as those laws are applied to contracts entered into and to be performed entirely in Texas by Texas residents. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be commenced in a federal court in Texas or in state court in Travis County, Texas, and each party hereto irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any right which it may have to transfer or change the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding, except that in connection with any suit, action or proceeding commenced in a state court, each party retains whatever right it may have to remove such suit, action or proceeding to federal court in Texas. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to this Agreement.
13.2 PRIVACY. QuickStart''s current privacy policies, available at www.QuickStart.com/privacy, are incorporated herein by reference.
13.3 WAIVER. The failure of either party to require strict performance by the other party of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by either party of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
13.4 ASSIGNMENT. Neither this Agreement nor any of your rights or obligations hereunder may be assigned by you in whole or in part without the prior written approval of QuickStart. Any assignment of rights or delegation of duties in derogation of the foregoing shall be null and void.
13.5 SEVERABILITY. If any part of this Agreement is for any reason found to be unenforceable, all other parts nevertheless remain enforceable as long as a party's rights under this Agreement are not materially affected. In lieu of the unenforceable provision, the parties will substitute or add as part of this Agreement a provision that will be as similar as possible in economic and business objectives as was intended by the unenforceable provision.
13.6 COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between QuickStart and you, which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between the parties in relation to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be modified except by a subsequently dated written amendment or exhibit signed by both parties by their duly authorized representatives.
13.7 REFUND POLICY. The QuickStart refund policy is outlined below. (A different refund policy may apply to you if you are using the QuickStart Information subject to a contract between your organization and QuickStart or a QuickStart distributor. In that case you should contact the appropriate person within your organization to inquire about the refund policy that applies to you.)
Refund Policy self pace learning: You have the right to cancel your registration up to three days after the date of purchase. Requests for cancellation must be made by contacting QuickStart by phone or e-mail. The request must be made prior to midnight (Central Standard Time) of the third calendar day from the date of purchase. QuickStart will not grant a refund under any of the following conditions: certificates issued, credits reported, course completed.
If the course includes physical materials, the student has the option to return the book(s) or keep them. If student keeps the physical material, student will have to pay for it. If returned, the physical materials must be returned to the school at the student’s expense. Please include a note with the materials to contact QuickStart to process the refund. Books must be returned in new condition or reimbursement will not be processed. Once the physical materials are received, the refund will be processed minus a $25.00 nonrefundable fee. All shipping charges are nonrefundable.
Refund Policy for classroom and Virtual Instructor Led Classes: You may cancel a live class without any cancellation fee up to 15 days prior to the class start date. If you cancel less than 15 days prior to the class start date, then QuickStart will charge you the full amount for the class. You will have the option to reschedule the class at no additional fee - on a space available basis only, if you reschedule the course 15 days prior to the class start date. If you are unable to reschedule the class or QuickStart no longer offers the class, no refund will be provided. QuickStart asks that you notify us as soon as possible if you need to reschedule a class.
13.8 FTC CANCELLATION NOTICE. you may cancel this contract and receive a full refund of all monies paid to date if cancellation is made in writing to QuickStart, Inc. and mailed/delivered to the institution at the address stated herein within three (3) business days after the date of acceptance. (A different refund policy may apply to you if you are using the QuickStart Information subject to a contract between your organization and QuickStart or a QuickStart distributor. In that case you should contact the appropriate person within your organization to inquire about the refund policy that applies to you.)
13.9 ALL OTHER CANCELLATIONS OR RESCHEDULES. QuickStart assumes no liability for any non-refundable costs that the student or QuickStart may incur on behalf of the student, for a class (example: airfare, hotel). Any amount due to students from QuickStart will be refunded in 30 business days. For All Cisco 360 Learning Program Courses, cancellations or reschedules made less than 30 days prior to the class start date will result in forfeiture of 100% of the class tuition.
13.10 JOB PLACEMENT DISCLAIMER. QuickStart does not guarantee job placement upon program/course completion or upon graduation.
13.11 NO SHOW POLICY.Failure to attend a scheduled class will be considered a “NO SHOW” and will result in forfeiture of the full course price, including any incurred travel and/or lodging expenses. Failure to cancel a hotel reservation made through QuickStart, without written notice prior to the class start date will result in forfeiture of 2 nights of the hotel charge. QuickStart, at its own discretion, may allow a no-show student to attend another session of the same or a lower priced course.
13.12 ENROLLMENT POLICY.Class enrollments are accepted on a first pay first serve basis. A seat can be temporarily reserved using a signed and faxed copy of the enrollment agreement, however QuickStart cannot guarantee a seat until full payment has been received. Students who have not paid in full will not be admitted to the class.
14 QUICKSTART SUBSCRIPTION USAGE POLICY AND CANCELLATION:
14.1 COURSEWARE & PURCHASE If subscription has been purchased by a company using a company PO or a company Credit card, then all email ID’s provided for skill pipe keys and VILT classes need to be associated to the corporate email.
14.2 MOC ON-DEMAND With a subscription (depending on subscription service you are signed up for) you can get one MOC On-Demand course at any given point in time. Learner will have to complete the already issued MOC On-Demand course, before getting and starting a new MOC On-Demand course.
14.3 SHARE POLICY QuickStart Technologies, Inc will conduct regular audits to ensure the usage of subscription services, i.e., VILT, MOC On-Demand and other On-Demand courses are only being used by the subscriber. If it is identified that others are using the subscription besides the subscriber, QuickStart Technologies, Inc reserves the right to withdraw the subscription services and refunding the outstanding amount based on number of months left.
14.4 CLASS CANCELLATIONS FOR SUBSCRIPTION You may cancel a live class without a cancellation fee up to 15 business days prior to the class start date. If you cancel the class less than 15 business days prior to the class start date, then QuickStart will fine you 25% of the total subscription value and you will not able to take another class until the fine is paid. QuickStart asks that you notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel a class.
15.0 HOLDER IN DUE COURSE DISCLAIMER. Any "holder" of a consumer credit contract is subject to all claims and defenses that the debtor could assert against the seller of goods and services obtained pursuant hereto or with the proceeds hereto. Recovery by the debtor shall not exceed amounts paid by the debtor. (FTC Rule effective 5-14-76). See A.R.S. 47-3302 for more information.
15.1 GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE: If you are dissatisfied with the services that QuickStart have provided for you, you may direct your written complaint, grievance, or dispute as follows:
* (a) First Level of Contact: Customer Service Department
* (b) Second Level of Contact: Manager, Customer Service Department
* (c) Top Level of Contact: Director, Sales and Customer Service Division
* (d) Address: Quickstart.com 13801 Burnet Road, Suite 100 Austin, Texas 78727 Customer Service # 1-855-800-8240
* (e) Please provide a detailed explanation of your issues including contact information where you can be reached. you will be contacted to discuss an agreeable resolution.
* (f) A different grievance procedure may apply to you if you are using the QuickStart Information subject to a contract between your organization and QuickStart or a QuickStart distributor. In that case you should contact the appropriate person within your organization to inquire about the grievance procedure that applies to you.)
14.2 you acknowledge that, in providing you with the QuickStart Products, QuickStart has relied upon your consent to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. you further acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement is not, however, intended to limit any rights that QuickStart may have under trade secret, copyright, patent, or other laws that may be available to it.
THE QUICKSTART PRODUCTS ARE PROTECTED BY UNITED STATES COPYRIGHT LAW AND INTERNATIONAL TREATIES. UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
QuickStart Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.